Contact Nikola Reviews Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Nikola Reviews The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth is an Easy Read Readers Will Enjoy

I've picked up several books since my last book review and I finally found a book that pulled me in after reading the first few chapters.  I usually know when a book is good if I'm still thinking about it after I've put it down.  Not to spoil the story line but after reading The Secrets Of Midwives by Sally Hepworth it made me think about a portion of a poem I wrote when I created a collage of family photos.  Part of the poem I wrote said a

"Dad" but for this book review I'll replace "Dad" with parent.
 "A parent is not of blood but of the heart, he/they love their children regardless if mom or dad are together or apart." By Nikola Warren

 The Secrets Of Midwives by Sally Hepworth tells the story of three women Neva, Grace, and Floss.  All three are a generation of daughter, mother, and grandmother who are midwives.  It starts with the unrealized revelation that Neva the youngest has hidden her pregnancy for five months and refuses to reveal who the father is.  Grace, Neva's mother has issues from growing up without a father and doesn't want her daughter Neva and grandchild to follow the same fate.  Floss who is the grandmother has a more complicated story, full of secrets that dates back to 1954 England, that may have caused a generational curse that Neva may repeat with her own child.

The story starts off in today's era of 2015 and takes readers back in time to 1954 England telling an intriguing story of love, friendship, loyalty and secrets. This book digs into the depths that women will go to shield and protect bonds of friendship and new life. This is definitely another book that I think could be turned into a movie.  A lifetime movie perhaps.

Review Written By Nikola Naylor-Warren
Email Request for Book or Movie Reviews 
Send E-Ticket for Viewings to
NikolaReviews@gmail.com Call or Text (724)213-0063

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Your Children Are Fans of Build A Bear, Then Here's A Bedtime Story To Read To Them For Free As a Kindle Subscriber

 NikolaReviews recommends a book I published a called  What Happened to Junior? A Child and Bear Memoir available on Kindle and For Book Ord...