Contact Nikola Reviews Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, September 16, 2019

Nikola Reviews Audio Book Recommended for the Sisters!

I recently have added audio books to my reading list and there are two books that I would like to give two finger snaps, a bow down to, and a thank you to the sisters who wrote them.

I do audio & video journals, blogs, poems, etc documenting my own experiences since my May 12, 2015 surgery at West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA.  I believe some people may have listened to some of my audio and videos, I have over 800 recordings (most not made public), but some not all I've posted publicly not making a profit, but as an advocate for women and a call for help. Warning them about the changes in our society that affect our right and freedom to choose what happens to our bodies medically. 

I'm still not exactly sure how some have gotten a hand or ears on some of my recordings and videos, but in a digital society of life hacks, if I'm right, it's no surprise how quickly "evolutionary" news spreads.

After my life altering surgery, I've been evaluating, documenting, and defining new ways to adapt as a pioneer in coping with a change in both my physical and psychological functioning, since my May 12, 2015 surgery. I've been grabbing at everything, the bible, my faith, people who have walked challenging roads and succeeded to hang on and anchor my self-esteem since waking up from my surgery.

The surgery I had holds a heavy historical weight in motive, that questions the purpose, and expectations of African-American women after a life altering surgery, such as mines. So much so, that in my pursuit of esteem in dealing with obstacles that won't move, but I have to some how find my way around- I've been reading and listening to women who may not have the same challenge as myself, but have been challenged never the less, and openly expressed their imperfections, short comings, mistakes, and successes in their journey.

It has helped. It has let me know, that I'm not alone. That I don't have to have it all figured out. It has been healthy not just listening to my own voice, observations, and personal vlogs & recordings, but also, listening to audio books from other African-American women perspectives:

The following is Nikola Reviews Recommended: Excellent from beginning to end:


The Sisters are Alright by Tamara Winfrey Harris



Eloquent Rage by Brittney Cooper






No comments:

Post a Comment

NikolaReviews A Few Page Turners Readers May Want to Read

Books Reviews Written by Nikola Naylor-Warren Keeping up with tradition, I am updating my blog, with the latest. I have read a few books rec...